These muffins are a great hit at our Bed and Breakfast and we seldom have any leftovers. These muffins are heavy and hearty with a mouthful of flavor and texture. They make a great breakfast just by themselves.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups white sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 Teaspoons baking soda
2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 Teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 Cups coarsely chopped apples
1 Cup shredded carrots
1 Cup dried cranberries
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs and oil.
- Add apples, carrots, cranberries and pecans; mix into dry ingredients (batter will be thick!!).
- Fill muffin cups to 3/4 full
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Yields about 2 dozen.
- An alternative is to put batter in mini loaf pans.
Please call 1-330-893-3068 or 1-800-320-3338
of 8:15 am and 9:00 pm to make reservations.
Toll Free: 1-800-320-3338 ·
5523 TWP 358 (East Street) Berlin, OH 44610
PO Box 307 · Berlin OH 44610