These are very attractive to serve as appetizers or at brunch with other finger foods.
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 to 1 cup milk
2 pounds uncooked bulk portion sausage
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually stir in enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead lightly for 30 seconds.
- Roll into two 16 x 10-inch rectangles.
- Crumble uncooked sausage over rectangle within 1/2 inch of sides.
- Carefully roll up from 16-inch end.
- Wrap in foil; chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices; place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.
- Yields about 4 dozen
Please call 1-330-893-3068 or 1-800-320-3338
of 8:15 am and 9:00 pm to make reservations.
Toll Free: 1-800-320-3338 ·
5523 TWP 358 (East Street) Berlin, OH 44610
PO Box 307 · Berlin OH 44610